5 Things I've Learned From 2017



2017 is great. 

I was tested with a lot of things basically. But I had so much fun this year! 

There are 10 things or valuable lessons that I've learned throughout this amazing year.


1) Say "NO" more often. Say "YES" less.

I'd say yes to the things that would help me to grow. I'd say no to the things that stopped my self-growth. I learned that sometimes you have to say yes to the unknowns. Even like you are afraid of the uncertainties in life. Saying yes means you are up for the struggles. 

But if the struggles should let you grow into the whole new person. The struggles should be worth the pain. But sometimes we have to think wisely before we make a decision. Growing up means we are able to make our own decisions. It doesn't matter if the decisions are going to make us or break us. It's our own decisions. 

Saying no is okay. We have to say no to things that no longer help us to grow. We have to say no to those people who used us for their benefits. We gotta say no to the conversations that we are no longer comfortable. It's okay to say no. We have to practice this in our daily lives.

2) DON'T ever get too comfortable.

I think it's always easy to get comfortable and happy when things are going good when what your heart's not fully in something and you're starting to lose interest, it's time to move on. 

Don't ever get too comfortable with something and someone. There is something you need to work on along the journey and you shouldn't feel like everything is okay and fine.

There is always something to work on.  There is always something I am lacking.

3) The struggle of being away from home.


I personally think that being apart from my family makes me stronger. I've started to pay my own bills, tuition fees and etc since my second year at Uni. Getting my first car. I think I've learned a lot about financial planning. There are times I felt like I need my family to be around when I am at my lowest moments but I've made it. I've secured my dream job. I paid my own bills every month. I survived living in a big city. I am grateful that I managed to achieve all these things in my 20's. Knowing I have a lot of time to develop myself and achieve more great things in life.

Sometimes you have to know the real meaning of being away from home. You will cry yourself to sleep because you are missing home. But you know, in order to achieve great things, you just have to be apart with someone you love. I kinda glad I am away from home. I don't want to get too comfortable and I would end up not achieving anything in life.


4) It's normal to feel lost.

Feeling lost, it doesn't mean you are hopeless. 

Breathe, sit down and relax. Don't compare to those people who have it all. Don't chase to become a better version of yourself. It takes time. And you should take your time to develop yourself.

It took me a really long time to be comfortable with my life. But back then, I am clueless about what's going to come next. But I learned to tell myself that it's okay to feel lost. This is a part of my journey to discover great things in life and I should be grateful that I still have time to develop myself. I trust in myself that I will be on the right track and I will be just fine.

Being lost isn't always bad, as long you have a plan to get back on track.

But if you are reading this and you are feeling lost, I hope that you will find your inner-peace and learn to practice self-love. You deserve it, we all do. 

These days, it's okay to feel lost. As long as we know, great things take time.


5) Embracing the loneliness.

Looking back I realized that I've grown so much compared to the person I was last year. Back then I was scared of a lot of things. I am not even able to be alone or else I will feel empty most of the time. Last year, I need to surround myself with a lot of people but this year is different. I enjoyed being alone. I enjoyed my "me" time. I love writing so I spent hours writing about things I love.

I think that in my 20's, I would feel lonely most of the time and I find that's okay. 

It's okay to be alone. It's okay to feel lonely. Taking your own sweet time, no rush and develop. I believe self-growth the most. I always believe that if you are alone, you are able to achieve amazing things. Yes, we need others to make it but sometimes all you need is yourself.

I am on my self-discovery. I am on a journey to find myself. I am always amazed at my own capabilities to think and do something that sometimes I thought I won't be able to do it. I will keep on doing things on my own and I will always believe in my own capabilities. That's so important.



In 2018.....

I want to continue doing these things that I've only discovered this year. I want to keep on writing and inspire people. I am touched by the number of messages I've received saying that I've helped them in depression, relationship and coping with life basically. I just hope everyone is having a time this year and continue doing an amazing job next year. Let's hope for more great things in 2018!



Till then x 

Lucaspeebo 







Comments

Anonymous said…
salaam.Greeting introduction

Popular Posts